Monday, September 26, 2016
Direct from the mind of the guy who bought you the "I will kill you" presentation at DEF CON 23, is another mind bending, entertaining talk. This time it’s bigger and badder than before.
Are you sick and tired of your government? Can’t wait another 4 years for an election? Or do you want to be like the CIA and overthrow a government overseas for profit or fun? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions than this talk is for you! Why not create your own cyber mercenary unit and invoke a regime change to get the government you want installed? After all, if you want the job done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself.
Find out how over the last 60 years, governments and resource companies have been directly involved in architecting regime changes around world using clandestine mercenaries to ensure deniability. This has been achieved by destabilizing the ruling government, providing military equipment, assassinations, financing, training rebel groups and using government agencies like the CIA, Mossad and MI-5 or using foreign private mercenaries such as Executive Order and Sandline. Working with Simon Mann an elite ex SAS soldier turned coup architect who overthrew governments in Africa, Chris Rock will show you how mercenary coup tactics directly applied to digital mercenaries to cause regime changes as the next generation of "Cyber Dogs of War".
Chris will walk you through a cyber regime change from start to finish on a real country and show you how to architect a coup achieving the same result as a traditional mercenary operation without any blood spilt. This will include taking ownership of all facets of government including finance, telecommunications, transportation, commercial companies and critical infrastructure such a power, water and oil. You will learn:
• Traditional military mercenary coup tactics used by the infamous 32 Battalion in Africa, Executive Order and Sandline that can be directly applied to a cyber mercenary regime change.
• How to architect a cyber coup using advisor’s, hackers and the general populace, using misinformation, professional agitators, false information and financing.
• How to gather intelligence to analyze a government’s systemic weaknesses on financial, societal values and political climates that is leader or country specific to structure your attack.
• How to identify and prioritize government resources, infrastructure and commercial companies and how to use these compromised assets to stage the coup.
• Combine physical and digital techniques and have the best of both worlds to own a countries infrastructure.
• Hot to manipulate the media using propaganda targeting journalists flawed multiple "source" rules for a story.
• The Grand finale of a cyber regime change on a real country from beginning to end using the above techniques with operational footage. Come to this talk and find out how you too can be your own dictator, benevolent or merciless that part is up to you.
Chris Rock presented "I will kill you" at DEF CON 23 has been active in the security industry for the last 20 years and is the founder and CEO of Kustodian, a specialized security company that specializes in Security Operations Centres, Penetration testing and independent research. Kustodian is an Australian, Middle East and Hong Kong registered company that has been operational for over 10 years. Chris has also spent 12 years in the banking sector and provides security services around the world for small, medium and large companies. Chris Rock also created SIEMonster, an open source, scalable, free Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) as a commercial alternative to Splunk, ArcSight and AlienVault. SIEMonster can be run on Amazon AWS or Virtual machines and details can be found on www.siemonster.com